How to Convert PDF to MOBI Using Calibre
As well known, Amazon has released two versions of Kindle Fire HD and a new updated Kindle Fire, do you have pre-ordered a new Kindle device? And want to read PDF files on your Kindle e-reader? Well, then you will need to convert the .pdf files into .mobi files, which is the native ebook format supported by Amazon Kindle, you can also convert ePub to mobi for read.
Related reading: What E-book Formats Does Kindle Support?
To convert PDF to MOBI format, in the most cases, you don’t need to spend any your money to purchase a commercial ebook converter software because there are so many freeware available to be downloaded. You can use converters and online services to convert PDF to your reader supported file format. Here are some free online converters that allows you to convert PDF to MOBI free online. Today, let’s introduce how to using Calibre to convert PDF to MOBI.
Kindle readers support MOBI or AZW ebook document formats. You can easily convert PDF to MOBI, AZW, ePub format using the free software named Calibre.
1. Open Calibre and then upload the PDF file to the Calibre Library.
2. Click “Add Books” and in the drop down select “Add books from a single directory”.
3. Find the book on your computer and click “Open”. The file will show at the top of your book list.
4. Select the book and choose “Convert Books”. Choose “Convert Individually” from the drop down.
5. In the right corner choose MOBI, and click “OK” at the bottom.
Pros: The process is fairly simple and the results adequate. It will, at least, get the file onto your e-reader in a format for reading.
Cons: NOT the recommended way for e-publishing. RSS support isn’t brilliant.